Cruise liners may be one of the great incubators of CV-19, however, it appears it’s not putting holidaymakers off planning their next adventure on the high seas.
Reports out of the US reveal that one of the world’s biggest cruise companies, Carnival Cruise Lines, has seen bookings soar a staggering 600 per cent after it announced it would begin taking passengers again from August.
US travel bookings company Cruise Planners said bookings for Carnival cruises had shot up by 600 per cent when it announced that cruises would resume on 1st August.
That’s a 200 per cent increase over the same time period last year.
A Cruise Planners spokesperson telling TMZ that people forward booking cruises were “not a bit concerned about travelling at this time”.
Even more worryingly, the spokesperson added many said they were healthy and looking forward to having fun after being in lockdown for months.
Not that Carnival is overly optimistic it will meet its August reopening. In a statement, the company said: “We are taking a measured approach, focusing on the potential for sailing from a select number of homeports where we have more significant operations that are easily accessible by car for the majority of our guests.
“We continue to work with various government agencies, including the Centres For Disease Control And Prevention, as we introduce new onboard protocols, but there is no assurance of a return on August 1,” the statement read.
Originally published by: B&T