SmallBiz Week is coming back to Melbourne and this year it’s going to be bigger than ever! For the second year, SmallBiz Week returns to Marvel Stadium in Melbourne May 24th and 25th 2023.
Once again the event will host a two-day, free-to-attend seminar series: SmallBiz Sessions. These daily sessions are designed to provide SMEs with the insights and tools they need to succeed in today’s market.
The sessions will involve industry panels of leading SME experts including business owners, CEOs and C-Suites of major Australian companies, and leading international businesses as well as speakers representing founders and management of successful small, medium and family-owned businesses. The panels will address current market challenges, and more importantly, how to seize new opportunities.
SmallBiz Sessions are the perfect way to get ahead of the competition in 2023. The sessions are designed to provide valuable insights into the top 12 critical issues facing SMEs and assist businesses of all sizes, including small businesses, sole traders, micro-businesses and mid-cap businesses, to address these challenges head-on.
The top 12 critical issues facing SMEs in 2023
Topics for this year’s SmallBiz Sessions include:
- Navigating Inflation: impact of rising prices on doing business – wages, rent, supplies, loans, etc – how to manage and optimize business outcomes
- Improving Profitability: managing your money, hacks to improve margins, financial management tools and skills, maintaining a strong cash flow, optimising working capital
- Embracing Digitalisation: tactics to fast-track digital transformation – affordable tech solutions, cloud solutions, AI, automation and integration of workflow processes
- Funding for Growth: capital raising, crowdfunding, loans, grants, equity raising, collaborations
- Social media 2023 – authentic storytelling is key: large fan numbers and ad budgets simply don’t cut it in 2023 – introducing live-streaming, influencer marketing, short-form vids, AI – learn how to connect authentically, expand your online market, create meaningful content
- Competing with Big Business: staying competitive, strategies to win over larger competitors, fostering customer loyalty, product commercialisation strategies
- SME Leadership – be a better boss, building company culture, leadership tactics, mental health management, managing remote teams
- Cyber Security – why SMEs are big targets – how to protect your business, your customers and their data, MD/owner liability, insurance, identify the latest scams
- Maximising Marketing ROI: selecting the right media mix, reaching new markets, setting affordable budgets, optimizing content, measuring and monitoring results
- Talent Shortages: tips for hiring & retaining talent, personalizing EVPs, hiring diverse teams – mature workers, grads, migrants, outsourcing offshoring
- Economic Outlook – Insights for what’s ahead, Federal budget – implications for SMEs. Highlighting growth sectors and sectors in decline
- Growth Hacks: increasing margins, strategies to scale, budgeting for growth, expanding market reach
Are you excited about SmallBiz Sessions? Don’t miss out, space is limited – Register for a free ticket for SmallBiz Sessions today.