Adobe Document Cloud released new research on the evolution of work in the second annual global “Future of Time” study. The study reveals that over 70% of Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) small business (SMB) leaders, enterprise (ENT) managers, and employees desire the ability to choose their own hours/schedule and work from any geographic location of choice.
Key findings – Continued Uncertainty and Evolving Work Trends Motivates ANZ Businesses to Innovate:
- Over 70% of Australian employees desire flexibility with the ability to choose their own hours and geographic location of choice.
- COVID-19 variants remain highly concerning for ANZ SMB leaders (60%), enterprise managers (58%), and employees (51%).
- 89% of ANZ employees have observed the benefits of digital tools in maintaining business continuity during uncertainty.
- ANZ enterprise managers now rely on work technologies for collaboration and innovation, to improve their resilience in an ever-changing world.
- Both enterprise managers and employees look for jobs where mental health and community building are prioritised.
“Businesses of all sizes continue to grapple with considerable uncertainty, as well as frequent impacts on employee wellbeing and productivity,” said Todd Gerber, vice president of Document Cloud, Adobe. “Adapting to macroeconomic shifts necessitate that organisations prioritise strategic investments in digital technologies – including modern productivity and workflow tools like Document Cloud – that will enable better workforce productivity, collaboration, and innovation.”
Adobe’s study, “The Future of Time: Redefining Productivity During Uncertainty,” surveyed more than 9,700 employees, ENT managers, and SMB leaders across eight global markets including Australia, New Zealand, US, UK, France, Germany, India, and Japan offering a comprehensive look at how uncertainty has impacted the workplace, and how this has impacted workforce motivations and desired trends.
Continued uncertainties with COVID-19 variants are high in ANZ workers, motivating businesses to prioritise flexibility and digital adoption to foster collaboration. As workplace desires and trends evolve, ANZ workers are motivated by working their own hours, at any location of their choice.