We’ve pulled together some of the top insights for Aussie SMBs for technology. New research from PayPal’s 2022 eCommerce Index explores the latest trends in online shopping and payments among Australians, the reports top findings include:
Metaverse: the future of eCommerce
- 23% of Australians would be willing to buy goods in the metaverse and 51% of Australian metaverse users already have.
- 60% of businesses that sell online are interested in opportunities within the metaverse for either today or the future.
- Almost half (49%) of businesses looking to engage with the metaverse are interested in advertising opportunities, 50% are interested in selling physical products and a slightly lower amount (45%) in offering virtual shopping experiences
- Security is a concern for businesses, with 24% worried about scams or frauds related to virtual spaces and the metaverse.
Big and small smart devices are doing the shopping for us
- 51% of Australians are comfortable to use smart appliances such as fridges and washing machines, and cars with order and payment capabilities.
- One-in-six (17%) have shopped on their mobile while in-store, a number that rises to one-in-four (25%) for Millennials (aged 26-41).
- A third of Australians (33%) have shopped online while watching TV or streaming video content.
Interested in the Metaverse for your business? Attend Fintech22 Showcase in Sydney [Nov 30 – Dec 1, 2022] for free.