Cyber criminals will use any and every opportunity to steal money and information. This includes targeting businesses through their data and their employees.
A few simple steps can help your business and employees stay safe this tax time. Encourage your employees to:
- create unique passwords that are difficult for others to guess, and change them regularly
- never share their passwords with anyone
- use multi-factor identification where possible.
As a business you can combat cybercrime by:
- keeping your software up-to-date, and running regular checks on your hardware to ensure you haven’t got any viruses or spam
- regularly reviewing staff accesses, and removing any that are no longer needed
- always exercising caution when clicking on links or downloading attachments.
- Have your employees test their online security practices and knowledge by completing the Online security self-assessment questionnaire.
Find out about: