Premier Daniel Andrews has announced that from 11:59pm tomorrow regional Victoria will take the third step out of restrictions. Areas outside of Melbourne have reached a new COVID case average of 3.6 over 14 days.
From 11:59pm tomorrow:
- Hospitality will be allowed to reopen with 50 seated patrons outdoors and a density limit of one person for every 2 metres.
- Outdoor religious gatherings will increase to up to 10 people, plus one faith leader
- Tourist accommodation will open for regional Victorians in regional Victoria, for them to travel and holiday within regional Victoria
- All community sport will return for children, non-contact sport will be permitted for adults
- Gathering limits for weddings will increase to 10 people, and for funerals to 20 mourners
- The household bubble is introduced, where up to five visitors are allowed in the home from a nominated household
- School will be a staggered start over the first couple of weeks of Term 4
“Hospitality and entertainment will be allowed, subject to gathering limits, and some other requirements around density,” Premier Daniel Andrews said.
“Retail, of course, has remained open and will be expanded to include personal services such as beauty and tattooing, where a mask can be worn.
“For real estate services, outdoor auctions will be permitted with a limit of 10 people.”