If your business is in an area that has been affected by the recent floods, assistance is now available to help you. When an emergency happens, your first priority should be the safety of you, your employees and customers. Once you are safe, you can look into protecting your business, assets and business recovery.
Disaster relief loans – Small business
Small businesses who have been directly affected by a declared natural disaster including floods, fires or storm damage, may be eligible for low interest loans of up to $130,000.
This low interest rate loan can help a small business:
- return to its normal level of trading or until the next major income is received within 12 months from the date of disaster
- replace and repair damage caused to your small business and associated improvements not covered by insurance.
Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements
The joint Australian, state and territory governments’ Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA) provide a range of financial assistance to the natural disaster-declared areas in each state or territory.
For the north coast storms and floods from 10 March 2021 onwards the available assistance measures include:
- Personal hardship and distress assistance
- Counter disaster operations
- Restoration of damaged essential public assets
- Concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and non-profit organisations
- Freight subsidies for primary producers
- Grants for non-profit organisations
For information on available recovery assistance, visit the Resilience NSW website.
For further information on recovery arrangements, visit the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements page.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade will replace passports that have been lost or damaged in declared natural disasters free of charge, visit the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website.
- Blue Mountains
- Central Coast
- Clarence Valley
- Coffs Harbour
- Inner West
- Lake Macquarie
- Northern Beaches
- Port Macquarie-Hastings
- Port Stephens
- The Hills