It can be hard to stay on top of the rapidly changing developments in social media when you are running your business. We’ve put together this quick guide to one of the rising platforms, TikTok, to help you out.
Using social media can be a powerful way to build awareness of your business, connect with your customers and turn your online exposure into sales to grow your business.
You might already be using traditional social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn to boost your online presence – but have you considered how you could use TikTok to reach and engage with customers for your business?
Here are some quick tips to help you navigate opportunities for your business on Tiktok.
What is TikTok?
TikTok is currently the world’s fastest-growing social media app. A video-sharing app allows you to create and share 15-second videos, TikTok’s global success is due to a number of factors, including celebrity endorsements and the ease of creating, sharing and viewing video content.
Who uses TikTok?
TikTok is most popular with young audiences, particularly teenagers, who were early adopters of the new platform. However, as it rapidly increased in popularity, celebrities and brands such as Gordon Ramsey and budget airline RyanAir jumped on board.
Top TikTok tips for your business
- Find out if your existing or prospective customers are using, or likely to be using, TikTok. If they are, it could be a perfect platform for you to share relevant and useful content in a new way.
- Research popular hashtags that fit with your brand to see what content is popular.
- Create a branded page and start experimenting with content to see what works.
- Serve your audience. ‘How to’ videos and transitions are often popular on TikTok, so work out the kind of stories your business could be sharing and how this content could help your audience.
- Be responsive. While it’s important not to rush any of your marketing efforts, TikTok is all about timing. You don’t want to spend a month putting together the perfect video about a trending topic, only to find the conversation has moved on by the time you’re ready to post it.
- Consider using influencer marketing to share your messages. You can find TikTok influencers through the brand’s Creator Marketplace.