Holidaymakers are encouraged to take a break in NSW to support local businesses and tourism operators.
NSW residents are being asked to help reboot the state’s economy by taking short breaks away and day trips.
While visiting regional NSW and Sydney, people are encouraged to support local businesses. This includes taking guided tours, booking accommodation, dining at restaurants and visiting local attractions.
Two new online travel tools are available to showcase the top destinations and experiences on offer in NSW.
- Love NSW – an interactive map covering destinations and suggested experiences based on themes
- Sydney Playcay – a series of Sydney-based itineraries with personalised recommendations designed for every traveller.
People are reminded to stay COVID Safe when travelling across the state.
Cafes, restaurants, bars and local businesses will benefit from the NSW Government’s plans to transform the Sydney CBD into a COVID Safe alfresco city.
Working alongside the City of Sydney, the NSW Government will support retailers, cafes, bars and restaurants to increase business opportunities over the summer months.
The new initiative will include:
- allowing more flexible outdoor dining and seating arrangements
- establishing outdoor entertainment stages throughout the Sydney CBD
- enhancing the promotion of cultural institutions and allowing them to extend hours of operation
- extending retail trading hours
- providing more flexible public transport options.
Treasurer Dominic Perrottet said the government will explore a range of options and will invest in the right projects that support businesses and jobs.
“Our health response has been strong and that will allow us to have a strong economic response to ensure Sydney is ready for summer,” Mr Perrottet said.