Small businesses may be eligible for free, tailored written advice from the FairWork Ombudsman.
Small businesses can apply to receive free advice on employee pay and entitlement issues, including those that relate to vaccination, through the FairWork Ombudsman’s Employer Advisory Service (EAS).
The EAS can give eligible small businesses written advice about:
- employees’ entitlements under the National Employment Standards
- award provisions
- other pay and employee entitlements
Recently launched, the EAS provides small businesses with up to four hours of free legal advice. Minimum conditions to access the service are:
- the employer is covered by the Fair Work system and has less than 15 employees at the time of the enquiry
- the enquiry relates to pay and entitlements under the National Employment Standards or award provisions
- the employer is happy for an EAS adviser to contact them and discuss their enquiry in more depth.